For other events in California, see Golden State Bonsai Federation's Events Page.
- This event has passed.
January 15 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Repotting Workshop – (Please RSVP to email@example.com)
Soil: $5 for a small to medium tree, $10 for large, $20 for non-members.
January 15 is the first of 3 repotting workshops sponsored by Marin Bonsai Club. As in the past, members whose dues are current can bring their trees for expert help in repotting their trees; into a better looking pot, into a larger pot for more robust growth, for the overall health of the tree, or for just good messy fun.
The club provides soil mix and aluminum wire. The soil mix is 2 parts Clay King to 1 part pumice which creates 50-53% Akadama. This is a good mix for most deciduous trees. Conifers like a little drier soil and the club provides pumice that can be added to the standard mix. If members want a wetter mix they can bring their own soil mix, or Akadama to add to the club mix.
In addition, the club will be selling a variety of bonsai pots from the Honda collection. Please bring small bills, $1, $5 and $10.
- Repotting for members whose 2019 dues have been paid
- There is no charge for repotting for members whose dues are current, but we do charge for soil . . .
- Soil available – $10 for large tree, $5 for small to medium trees
- Soil mix is 2 parts Clay King/1part pumice = 50-53% Akadama
- Limit one large tree or 2 small trees per night
- Pots will be available for purchase – come early if you want to peruse the selection
- Be prepared to take your own used soil home with you – bring bags or buckets
Tools/Items to bring for repotting:
- Soil sifter if you have it
- Root scissors
- Root hook
- Root rake
- Wire Cutter
- Bucket/container for taking home used soil
Repotting is important to the health of our trees and should be done this time of year on most bonsai, except tropical varieties. If you aren’t sure your tree needs repotting this year bring it in for recommendations from our workshop instructors.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be attending this workshop. Thank you.
See you there!