- April 7 Demo has been cancelled
- March 17 Workshop cancelled
- October 2019: John Thompson on Oaks
- Repotting season is in full swing!
- MBC 2020 Schedule of Programs
- September 2019: Jay McDonald rock planting
- August 2019: Peter Tea on Junipers
- June 2019: Bill Castellon on Pines
- MBC Auction and Sale
- Marin Bonsai Club 2019 Beginners’ Workshops Recap
Terra Linda Community Center
670 Del Ganado Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
Marin Bonsai Club
P.O. Box 1461
Ross, CA 94957
Proud member of:
Visit us on Facebook!
Subscribe to our Blog
Category Archives: Member Trees
Photos from Marin Bonsai Club’s show at the 2019 Marin County Fair. Continue reading
Here we get a sneak peek at the workshop of our VP of Shows, Jay McDonald as he works his magic on a Korean Hornbeam.
This Chinese Wisteria was air-layered by Bill Sullivan, my first mentor, back in the 1980’s. I acquired the tree as partial payment for the cosmetic remodel of his kitchen – that was back in 2000 or 2001. This tree was … Continue reading
All it takes is a lot of time and a whole bunch of skill. Here’s a ‘before’ shot of Jay McDonald’s fluffy Japanese Larch, a deciduous conifer. Jay spent 7 hours plucking needles prior to his recent all-day wiring marathon/workshop with … Continue reading
Well, not quite. But it sure seems like it when you look at Jay McDonald’s Ume today.